- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Musicians Institute College of Contemporary Music
Originally formed in 1977 as The Guitar Institute of Technology, the school offers performance programs in bass, drums, guitar, keyboard technology and vocals, as well as degrees in DJ performance and production and music business.
L.A. Recording School
A branch of the Los Angeles Film School, LARS is interested in teaching one thing with its nine-month program: the nuts and bolts, hardware and software of music recording. The facility offers 50,000 square feet of recording facilities and classrooms, including more than 20 labs and studios.
The Art Institute of California
The AIC’s Audio Production degree program trains students in recording, editing, mixing and mastering digital audio using the latest technology, taking them through the finer points of live and studio music production as well as film sound design.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day