- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smoking-hot Australian pop-punk outfit 5 Seconds of Summer and American hitmakers Maroon 5 will perform at the inaugural People Magazine Awards, which promises to honor the “cultural forces of the year” with a star-studded Dec. 18 gala.
The two-hour special will be aired live on NBC from the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where Jennifer Lopez and fellow celebs Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Hart, Kate Hudson and Michael Keaton are confirmed to appear.
On the night, awards will be handed out for the biggest phenomenon of 2014, most stylish person, funniest person, sexiest woman of 2014, the fan-voted award best People Magazine cover of the year and the top honor, most popular person. Additional talent will be announced soon, organizers say.
The event is produced by Dick Clark Productions (a corporate sibling of The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard), and it’s sponsored by L’Oreal Paris and Kohl’s. Allen Shapiro, Mike Mahan and Barry Adelman from Dick Clark Productions are executive producers, along with Carol Donovan and Michael Dempsey.
The official awards homepage can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day