- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it came time for Las Vegas resident magician David Copperfield and fellow presenter Nancy O’Dell to present the award for song of the year at the American Country Music Awards on Sunday night, Copperfield announced the winner as “Emma Stone, La La Land,” poking fun at the now-historic flub at this year’s Academy Awards where the best picture award was presented to the hit musical instead of Moonlight, the actual winner of the prestigious award.
The ACM presenters then went on to present the award — the first handed out Sunday night — to Thomas Rhett for his hit song “Die a Happy Man.” He laughed about the joke.
— ACM Awards (@ACMawards) April 3, 2017
Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley returned to host the show for a second year. The ACMs are airing live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday (8 p.m. ET) on CBS.
A list of nominees, voted on by the Academy of Country Music’s professional membership, follows. For a list of winners, click here.
The ACM Awards are produced by dick clark productions. DCP is part of Eldridge Industries, the U.S. holding company whose assets also include the Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day