- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Garth Brooks and Brooks & Dunn will all have something in common at next month’s Academy of Country Music Awards — they’ll each walk away with a fancy trophy designed by jeweler David Yurman.
The design for the 50th Anniversary Milestone Award is made of more than 1,010 grams of sterling silver and 4.16 carats of black diamonds, as well as black onyx carved in the shape of Yurman’s signature Albion gemstone, with the numeral 50 inlaid in 18k gold. Each winner’s name will also be engraved in sterling silver with the designer’s logo on the back of the base.
“These artists have reached an incredible milestone in their careers — this acknowledgement is extraordinary,” said Yurman in a statement. “And the fact that the Academy of Country Music asked me, a sculptor-turned-jeweler, to collaborate on this award was truly an honor.”
See more 10 Taylor Swift Looks We Love
Get a glimpse of the Yurman-designed trophy when the ACM Awards — which will be co-hosted by Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton — airs on CBS on April 19.
DESIGN GENIUS: David Yurman at the drawing table.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day