- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Inspired by the Maroon 5 music video for the band’s 2014 same-titled hit in which the band crashed several weddings across Los Angeles, the 8-episode series features a different artist each week surprising fans who have given back to their communities. Among the treats are pop-up performances by the artist and other events. The video for “Sugar” has earned more than 2.5 billion views.
“I’m really excited to show this interesting show/experiment filled with many different experiences and emotions; based on the concept behind our video for ‘Sugar.’ I’m extremely grateful and equally excited for all who participated on both sides of the camera,” Levine said in a statement.
Sugar is from Levine’s 222 Productions and Renegade Productions, an eOne Company. The series is executive produced by David Dobkin, who directed Maroon 5’s “Sugar” music video, as well as the film Wedding Crashers. Alex Van Wagner is the director. In addition to Levine and Dobkin, Jay Renfroe, David Garfinkle, Megan Wolpert Dobkin, Josh Gummersall and Todd Yasui are executive producers.
Watch the “Sugar” music video below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day