- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adele took home two statues at the annual BRIT Awards on Tuesday and while accepting final award of the evening, the singer gave fans (and producers) more than they bargained for.
The British beauty’s acceptance speech for Album of The Year had hardly begun before she was cut off mid-sentence, while boasting about her native country. Just before Adele was escorted offstage, she abruptly flipped the bird to the audience and television cameras. Backstage, the chanteuse told reporters that the finger was “aimed at the suits at the BRIT Awards, not my fans.”
In an effort accomodate for the time constraints of a live broadcast, Adele was rushed offstage by host James Corden, allowing Blur to take the stage. “Goodbye, and I’ll see you next time ‘round, yeah?” Adele responded. Watch the video below.
With her trademark sassiness in tact, Adele also received the award for British Female Solo Artist. Maybe next time they will think twice before trying to pull this award winner offstage again.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day