- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was only a matter of time before James Corden bagged the biggest act in music for his “Carpool Karaoke” series.
The Late Late Show host traveled back home to London to give Adele a lift to work in typical British weather. Corden and Adele have known each other for years and the conversation was funny and gossipy as the two swapped hair advice, Christmas gossip, drunk stories and of course the odd bit of in-car singing.
Among the highlights, Adele (a huge Spice Girls fan) reveals that she played the drums on the hit song “Hello,” confirming Corden’s suspicion that the singer was the “female Phil Collins.” The singer also told the story of how she gave a family from Nashville tickets to her sold-out show when she was drunk.
Inevitably Corden asked the crucial question of whether Adele would start her own ‘squad’ featuring Beyonce, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Schumer and Emma Stone and take on Taylor Swift’s squad. Adele diplomatically demurred fearful of Swift’s band of Amazonians and their kicking prowess.
See the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day