- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Cannes Jury Prize winner for Mommy described being on set with Adele was “wonderful,” adding that “the thought of directing her in the ‘acting’ aspect of the term was exciting. I discovered that she’s a very talented actress — no matter what she’ll tell you.”
Dolan shot the black-and-white clip in mid-October outside Montreal where he was raised. “Adele allowed me to dive into this full throttle, so I could abandon myself artistically and emotionally, like she always does,” he commented on the night of the video’s Oct. 23 premiere. “It was a privilege to direct the music video for Adele’s beautiful, heartbreaking song.”
The video, with its monochromatic visual tone, also features a cameo by American actor Tristan Wilds (The Wire, The Secret Life of Bees).
?The British singer’s comeback is near complete with the release of “Hello,” the lead single from her third — and highly anticipated — album, 25, which is slated for release on Nov. 20.
Watch the video below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day