- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adele’s 25 is set for a historic third million-selling week in the U.S., according to industry forecasters.
Those in the know suggest that her red-hot 25 could sell slightly more than a million copies in pure album sales in the week ending Dec. 24 — its fifth week on sale.
That would give the title its third frame of million-plus sales, following its debut week (3.38 million, according to Nielsen Music) and second stanza (1.11 million).
25 is the first album to earn multiple million-plus sales weeks since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991.
As earlier reported, through its fourth week on sale, 25 sold 5.98 million copies, making it the biggest-selling album released in the U.S. since Adele’s last album, 21, which bowed in 2011. The latter title has sold 11.37 million.
25’s sales total for the week ending on Dec. 24 is scheduled to be announced on Sunday, Dec. 27, after Nielsen has completed processing its sales data for the week.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now