- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In addition to being the night’s newest performer, Azalea is also the AMA’s most-nominated artist, with six chances to win. Azalea’s nods include Artist of the Year, Single of the Year, New Artist of the Year and Favorite Female Artist. After Azalea are Pharrell, John Legend and Katy Perry with five noms each. Lorde received four nominations.
On last weekend’s Saturday Night Live, Azalea performed her new single, “Beg For It,” featuring Denmark’s MØ, and a medley of “Fancy” and “Black Widow.” The appearance gave Azalea a notable boost on Billboard‘s Social 50.
For the second straight year, Pitbull is the American Music Awards host, with additional performances coming from Mary J. Blige, Sam Smith, Charli XCX and 5 Seconds of Summer. The AMAs will broadcast at 8 p.m. on Nov. 23 on ABC, courtesy of Dick Clark Productions. Voting is still live.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day