- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Makeup artist Fiona Stiles didn’t have to look too hard for inspiration when creating the makeup look for American Music Awards presenter Elizabeth Banks. The orange-red of the Hunger Games star’s dress dictated the custom electric pink lipstick Stiles concocted for the actress’ lips.
“Elizabeth looks so great with a strong brow and a bright lip,” says Stiles. “It’s my favorite way to make her up.”
The super-bright pink was a mixture of butter LONDON Lippy Moisture Matte Lipstick in Ladybird and Dahling. Stiles kept the color isolated to the lip and the rest of the face clean, using Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation #023 and Tom Ford Concealing Pen in Medium/Light, and she contoured Banks’ face with Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow.
“A little contour gives a modern sculpted look,” she says. “A touch of blush gives a subtle flush, plus it keeps the contour from looking too severe.”
Given the busy texture and bold color of Banks’ gown, the almost neon lip color was all the actress needed to anchor everything else that was going on.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day