- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a tradition that goes back almost as long as American Idol has been on the air, several fan favorites from seasons past will perform on the show this year as a new group of hopefuls look on and marvel at their potential future.
Among the alums slated to appear are season 8’s Adam Lambert, season 10 runner-up and newly minted country star Lauren Alaina and fourth place finalist James Durbin and season 5’s Chris Daughtry, who will debut his new single from the album Break The Spell, “Outta My Head,” on the March 15 episode.
VIDEO: Season 10’s Top 11 Interview Each Other
Other than Daughtry, no word yet on dates or specific songs but each of the beloved Idol grads have albums to promote — Alaina is still working her debut, Wildflower, which has sold 248,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan; Durbin’s Memories of a Beautiful Disaster is also performing well, having moved 92,000 albums since its November release.
Lambert is gearing up for his highly anticipated second album, Trespassing, currently slated for a Spring release.
VIDEO: ‘American Idol’ Class Picture: Behind the Scenes
Which alum are you most excited about and who else from Idol past should make a return visit? Let us know below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day