- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adam Lambert is turning 31 years old on Tuesday, and the birthday boy has donated his special day to the We Are Family Foundation. He is encouraging fans to donate $31 to the foundation, a non-profit that promotes cultural diversity around the globe.
STORY: Adam Lambert and 19 Recordings Part Ways
In exchange for a donation, WAFF will send instructions on how one could record a ten second birthday greeting for the American Idol season eight alum. Those who donate less than $31 will still be able to wish him a “Happy Birthday” by signing the “world’s biggest” birthday card.
As of Sunday night, donations have already surpassed $16,000, the foundation wrote on Twitter.
Lambert will be honored this Thursday as the recipient of the Unity Award at the We Are Family 2012 Celebration Gala, hosted by Rosie Perez and Toure at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. He will perform a show with Nile Rodgers. Additional guests include Taylor Dayne, Grandmaster Melle Mel, Sam Sparrow, Russell Peters and Kathy Sledge.
We at Idol Worship want to take this opportunity to wish Adam a fantastic birthday week!
Twitter: Idol_Worship , Michele Amabile
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day