- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This time last year, it was Season 5’s Elliott Yamin who experienced an 8.8 magnitude earthquake while performing in Chile. On the evening of March 11, American Idol Season 4 alum Anthony Fedorov was some 200 miles away from Japan’s 8.9 quake’s center, inside a Tokyo movie theater watching Beauty And The Beast in Japanese.
“It’s pretty crazy out here,” Fedorov, who’s in Japan starring a production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, tells the Hollywood Reporter‘s Idol Worship. “Just before the end of the movie’s first act, the entire theater started shaking… The balcony above us was shaking… Everyone went outside and we were allowed back into the theater, but there was an after shock and then they cancelled the show.”
Fedorov reports that “other than taxis, all public transportation shut down.” His last communication to THR was from the city’s enormous glass-structured Tokyo International Forum, where he and cast members were waiting to go back to their hotel. “Luckily we are all okay,” he said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day