- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wednesday night’s Beatles-themed performance night was an emotional one for American Idol season 12 finalist Candice Glover, who received a priceless gift from the community in her hometown: her parents.
The 23-year old Beaufort, S.C., native was overwhelmed that her friends and neighbors rallied to support the singer’s Idol journey by making sure her biggest fans were in the house.
“My hometown actually raised money so my parents could afford to come out here,” she told The Hollywood Reporter’s Idol Worship. “They’re really generous when it comes to someone who’s from there. I really appreciate it.”
So how did having her family in the audience help Glover on Wednesday night?
“It definitely pushes me to do a better job to know that they’re there,” she said. “I’m daddy’s little girl. I’m the oldest, but I’m his girl. To see him in the audience and my mom and my grandma and my cousin and all of them rooting for me with the big signs — even the people all over the stadium with the signs — it feels great, and it pushes me to do a better job.”
Twitter: Idol_Worship, Michele Amabile
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union