- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Well, I’m not surprised our next guest’s tour is called ‘Blown Away,’” quipped the former judge and personality of American Idol, The X Factor, and her own show, Live to Dance. “I think back to where our journey first began on American Idol and I’m literally blown away by this beautiful talent. What a blessing it has been for me to be an up close and personal eyewitness to your youth, your talent, your passion and your amazing success.”
The Season 4 winner then took Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry stage and performed “Nobody Ever Told You” from her latest CD, “Blown Away.”
The 2012 MDA telethon annually raises money for neuromuscular diseases. The telethon, renamed “MDA Show of Strength,” included a new format with three hours of pre-taped performances and the elimination of the famed tote board. Pledges were accepted through online donations.
The annual Labor Day weekend telethon ended a 45-year run last year with actor, comedian and host Jerry Lewis in a move to go in a “younger direction.” Lewis, who lives in Las Vegas, turned 86 in March.
Other performers included Gavin DeGraw, alternative pop group OneRepublic, Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am and singer/songwriter Carole King.
Watch Underwood’s performance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day