- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Abrams, who is set to release his eponymous debut CD on June 26, tweeted the news last night that he will be a part of New York City’s famed Subway Series ball game between The Yankees and The Mets.
“Just in : @IAmCaseyAbrams will be performing the National Anthem in a VERY ‘CASEY’ way @ tomorrow’s @yankees vs @mets game! ?#subwayseries”
The 21-year-old multi-instrumentalist joins a growing list of Idol contestants serenading baseball fans, including Season 4’s Constantine Maroulis, who recently appeared at the event, “Bombers Boomer Broadway Softball Classic,” at Yankee Stadium (along with assorted stars Joe Jonas, Jeremy Jordan and Nick Jonas), Season 9’s DiDi Benami, who belted the anthem for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Season 11’s Heejun Han, singing for The Mets.
In other Abrams news, fans jonesing for another collaboration with his fellow Season 10 soul mate Haley Reinhart can rejoice. Reinhart appears on Abrams’ album for a smoking hot, jazzy cover of the classic “Hit the Road Jack,” made famous by Ray Charles.
Listen to Abrams and Reinhart’s sexy duet below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day