- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Calling all David Cook fans! The season 7 winner will be appearing on the show this year, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. It will mark the Blue Springs, Missouri native’s fourth year in a row returning to the stage that launched his rock career. Cook’s performance is tentatively scheduled for May.
Also set to sing during season 11? Last year’s third place finalist Haley Reinhart, who will perform on the show Thursday, March 22, two days after she officially releases her debut single, “Free.”
The returning alums continue a long tradition of inviting Idol grads to perform on the current season of the show. Cook joins season 5 finalist Chris Daughtry, season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert, season 10’s James Durbin and reigning victor Scotty McCreery on the season 11 line-up, as previously reported.
As for what Cook might play? Although his most recent album, This Loud Morning, has been out for less than a year, it could be a new song, says an insider. Indeed, Cook’s tweets from the last few weeks have referenced a fair share of writing and music sessions and he’s said to have several songs in the can.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day