- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Idol launched an all-new app Tuesday, which promises to make voting easier and the Fox show more interactive.
Currently featured by Apple as “New and Noteworthy,” the Idol app can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play and operates on both iOS and Android devices.
Along with “real time” conversations on Facebook and Twitter with AT&T Idol Nation, the app offers other interactive and social networking experiences with promises to unload additional special features as season 12 progresses.
Idol fans can also expect instant access to favorite show moments and exclusive content; interviews with the season 12 contestants, judges Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson and host Ryan Seacrest; and behind-the-scenes footage. But perhaps most impressive will be a unique new voting experience via the AT&T American Idol platform that promises to make it easier to cast votes for multiple contestants with “just a couple of taps.”
Idol auditions continue in San Antonio and Long Beach, Calif., at 8 p.m. Wednesday and in Oklahoma City on Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day