- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s been a year since American Idol’s Elise Testone rocked audiences every night belting Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love” on the summer tour, but this week fans got big news about the singer’s forthcoming debut CD.
“One song, I’m really happy to announce, that Darius Rucker agreed to sing as a duet. When I heard his voice on it, and I realized I wrote it, and how hard I’ve worked on this journey,” she said in an interview with Fox Morning News, Myrtle Beach. “Every time I hear it, I can’t stop crying.”
The season 11 alum’s independently produced CD, In This Life, consists of 12 original songs incorporating various styles that are all tied together with what she describes as a “soulful, bluesy essence.” The record will also include a bonus for Idol fans with an appearance by AI songstress Erika Van Pelt.
Testone is hitting the road for some dates this summer. The South Carolina-based singer will return to her New Jersey roots on July 29 for a show at The Saint in Asbury Park.
Watch the interview below and a clip of Testone from last summer’s tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day