- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
American Idol alum James Durbin joins THR on the Idol Hangover couch this week to talk about his performance on Thursday’s elimination show, being “the rebel” of season 10 and inspiring fellow Santa Cruz native Chris Rene to audition for X Factor.
The rocker’s endless charm, which delighted millions last year, is on full display during the interview as Durbin offers invaluable advice to the season 11 finalists and performs the song “Right Behind You” for Idol Hangover viewers.
VIDEO: ‘American Idol’: Randy Jackson on Judges’ Decision to Save Jessica Sanchez
Also on deck: a recap of Durbin’s show at Hollywood’s famed Viper Room Thursday night hours after his American Idol bow, plus he answers fans Twitter questions.
That’s all in part 2 of the episode (watch above); In part 1, special correspondent and Idol alum Didi Benami runs down the week’s hot topic moments with THR music editor Shirley Halperin (watch it here).
VIDEO: The Wanted Perform on ‘American Idol,’ Then Offer Some Post-Show ‘Afternoon Delight’
Join us next week when season 10 finalist Casey Abrams guests on Idol Hangover and check out episode 6, featuring season 8 winner Kris Allen and songwriter-producer Nasri, below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day