- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After American Idol’s finale performance show on Tuesday, Derulo revealed that he is a Jessica Sanchez fan and Sparks, who won season 6 of Idol, is rooting for Phillip Phillips.
“We have a bet,” he told reporters after the show. “If she wins, I have to cook her a nice meal.” Doesn’t sound so challenging, unless you’re Jason Derulo. “I can’t even cook a hot dog, let alone an actual meal,” he cracked.
And if Sanchez — and by proxy Derulo — wins? “Jordin has to give me a 10-minute foot massage,” he said. “And she hates feet.”
Derulo was a semi-regular presence on Idol this season thanks to Coca-Cola’s “Perfect Harmony” program, which asked fans of the show to help Derulo complete the song “Undefeated.”
He performed the completed number on Idol’s Tuesday’s show, but said afterwards that he didn’t get to see the rest of the Sanchez-Phillips showdown.
The two finalists sang three songs each on Tuesday’s show, including their own individual coronation numbers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day