- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like the three Jonas brothers may all have TV gigs on different networks.
Kevin Jonas, 24, is soon to star in the E! reality show Married to Jonas, which chronicles his life as a newlywed, while Joe Jonas, 22, has taken a mentor role alongside Nelly, Gloria Estefan and John Rich on the CW’s new music competition show The Next: Fame is at Your Doorstep. Now 19-year-old Nick Jonas has confirmed reports that he’s “being considered” to join Mariah Carey at the judges’ table on season 12 of American Idol.
“The rumors are true,” Nick Jonas tweeted to his 4.6 million followers on Saturday. “It would be a dream come true if it happens.” He later added in a reply to a fan, “This is something I’d love to do.”
Reaction from Jonas Brothers devotees was swift and supportive while Idol viewers seemed more divided, with some pointing out that the youngest of the JoBros, while a multi-platinum selling artist, has limited experience because of his age. Then again, Demi Lovato, also 19 (and an ex-girlfriend of Joe Jonas), is judging season 2 of The X Factor.
What do you think, Idol Worshipers? Does Nick Jonas as judge make you want to tune in or out?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day