- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following doctor’s orders, Phillip Phillips has canceled the remaining nine dates of his college tour.
“His doctor said he has to get off the road,” a source tells The Hollywood Reporter. “He was playing six shows a week, and it’s too much for him.”
The American Idol season-11 winner’s ongoing kidney issues — he had surgery last year to remove massive kidney stones — as well as a combination of exhaustion and dehydration have been slowing him down.
“His body doesn’t bounce back, and he’s been feeling run-down,” says the source.
“Hey guys, due to doctor’s orders I have to postpone my last few tour dates. They will be rescheduled!” he wrote. “Looking forward to seeing you all on on the John Mayer tour this summer!”
Although there is no word yet on whether or not Phillips will be well enough to attend the American Idol finale next week, his doctor feels that with rest, the singer will be fine for his shows with Mayer which begin in July.
In other news, “Gone, Gone, Gone” continues to build at radio, with a top 10 showing on the Hot AC.
Twitter: Michele Amabile
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day