- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The clip, set to debut during tonight’s Major League Baseball World Series match up between the San Francisco Giants and the Detroit Tigers, features all four judges, including Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, and Keith Urban, playing up the theme of dreams coming true.
It’s a terrific strategy, shining the spotlight on what appears to be future contestants competing for the title, while the judges put the focus where it belongs: hopes and dreams.
The spot hits all the right notes, set against a dreamy piano score with images of each judge speaking against a backdrop of golden lighting.
“To all the dreamers,” smiles Carey.
“To everyone who thought they’d never have a chance,” continues Minaj.
“It’s time to make dreams come true,” promises Urban.
It is unclear if the group of singers featured are the ones that made it through to Hollywood, but a shot of a girl playing the violin on the stoop of her home and a boy blowing into a harmonica on a set of stairs are striking visuals before the final shot of host Ryan Seacrest wrapping things up with his trademark, “This…is American Idol.”
American Idol returns Jan. 16.
Watch the clip below! Does it give you “goosies” Idol Worshippers?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day