- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It’s March Madness at Venice venue Witzend as a few reality show singers take the stage every Thursday night.
American Idol season five alum Elliott Yamin will share the stage with Voice veterans Sonia Rao, Vicci Martinez, Lelia Broussard and others for a weekly residency on March 14, 21 and 28.
Although it is unlikely the vocalists will be competing in a battle round, it promises to be an entertaining evening showcasing the talents of each show’s alum.
VIDEO: Elliott Yamin on the Elimination of Colton Dixon
Since his time on Idol, Yamin has released several records, including his self-titled debut and Fight for Love, on Hickory Records, and last year’s Let’s Get to What’s Real on E1/Purpose Music Group.
Martinez signed a recording contract with her Voice coach Cee Lo Green after competing in 2011. She released her Universal Records debut, Vicci, last year. Her first single, “Come Along” featured Green on vocals.
Rao, a Freehold, N.J., native who competed on the Voice’s first season, is working on music for a second record. Broussard recently wrapped a tour with singer-songwriter Greg Holden, author of the American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips hit single, “Home.” She will test out new songs this month at the shows, as well.
Witzend is located at 1717 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, Ca. Admission is $10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day