- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The season-11 winner popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Hannah Blackwell for Christmas, and the singer shared the happy news on his Facebook page.
Wrote Phillips: “My best Christmas surprise is happening. We’re engaged yall! @HannahBlackwell !”
Blackwell showed off her ring on her Instagram page, writing, “I’ve been dreaming of this for over 20 years. I’ve been dreaming of this guy for just that long. Overwhelmed with happiness. @phillphill.”
A source close to the couple says Phillips’ proposal was “very romantic.”
“He proposed to her in their new home in Georgia,” the source adds. “He told her to meet him at the house and when she got there he was down on one knee.”
The 24-year-old singer met Blackwell, 22, when he was just 18 and the two were both volunteering at a women and children’s center. Blackwell, a nursing student, appeared in the video for Phillips’ breakthrough single, “Home,” and joined the singer often on tour.
Phillips recently wrapped an extensive North American tour supporting his latest album, Behind the Light, which featured the single, “Raging Fire.” He will hit the road again in 2015 with dates in Canada and South Africa starting Jan. 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day