- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer will take the stage for the world premiere performance of her new single “Blank Space.”
She joins a lineup of previously announced performers including 5 Seconds of Summer, Iggy Azalea, Mary J. Blige, Charli XCX, Fergie, Lorde, One Direction, Sam Smith and host Pitbull. Additional performers and presenters for the fan-voted awards show will be announced soon.
Swift’s new album, 1989, was predicted to sell 1.3 million copies in its first week, the largest sales week for any album since 2002. 1989 also topped iTunes’ sales charts in 89 countries on its release day.
The AMAs will broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live from 8 to 11 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, on ABC. Voting is still live.
Azalea leads the AMA nominees with six mentions. Other top contenders include John Legend, Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams, who each earned five nominations, and Lorde, who earned four.
The 2014 American Music Awards is produced by Dick Clark Productions. Allen Shapiro and Mike Mahan are executive producers. Larry Klein, Barry Adelman and Mark Bracco are producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day