- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Arcade Fire is returning to Glastonbury, this time as a headliner.
The band confirmed Thursday (Dec. 19) that it will headline the British musical festival when it returns next June, Consequence of Sound reports. The Canadian rockers previously played the fest in 2007.
Arcade Fire joins Lily Allen as artists who have confirmed they will be playing the festival, with more sure to come in the following months. The headliners in 2013 included Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons.
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014, though nothing has been confirmed.
Currently, Glastonbury marks the largest show for Arcade Fire in support of its new album, Reflektor. The album hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 upon its October release.
Glastonbury 2014 will be held June 25-29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day