- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin will receive the final tribute she deserves on Friday.
Despite the ceremony being limited to invited guests only, the world will also be able to say their goodbyes to the music legend. The Friday service will be made available for viewing live online and on television, per the Detroit Free Press.
Nationally, Fox News and CNN plan to air portions of the ceremony, and the Associated Press will live-stream the funeral, meaning that it will be picked up by various online media outlets worldwide.
Franklin’s life will be celebrated in song at her funeral with a star-stacked lineup of performers, including Chaka Khan, Faith Hill and Stevie Wonder.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, the singer’s body will lie in repose at the Charles H. Wright Museum for African American History in Detroit, and will be open to the public on both days.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day