- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ariana Grande lit up the stage like a risque 1940s nightclub crooner at the 2015 American Music Awards.
Grande sang “Focus,” the first single off her forthcoming album, Moonlight, set to be released in 2016.
The song debuted at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this month.
She started her performance wearing long white gloves and a shimmering strapless gown, but very quickly removed both gloves and the bottom half of her dress to shimmy more freely around the stage. To add to the vintage feel, Grande was flanked by men in white tuxedos with a big band playing behind her. Though this was her first televised performance of “Focus,” Grande performed the song live for the first time last month to a screaming audience at Burbank, Calif.’s iHeartRadio Theater, where she revealed that the guest singer on the track was actor Jamie Foxx.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day