- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ashanti returns to the music scene with a new album and home. As the singer preps for her yet-to-be titled fifth studio album, Ashanti and her own label, Written Entertainment, have signed a worldwide distribution and label services deal with eOne (Entertainment One) Music.
The first single to be released under the new partnership is “The Woman You Love” featuring newly signed Cash Money rapper, Busta Rhymes. The Jerry Wonder-produced track (below) is now available on iTunes.
“I’m so excited to have my own record label, Written Entertainment. With eOne as my distributor, I feel that their innovative and ambitious approach to the music industry, really gives my label a worldwide presence,” Ashanti says via a press release. “They have the top radio people in the business and are hungry to win! The more I learned the business the more I knew this is what I wanted. Ownership is so important. As a business woman this was a great move for me!”
EOne Music president, Alan Grunblatt, adds: “eOne is proud to have a partnership with Ashanti and her label Written Entertainment. Ashanti truly has the independent entrepreneurial attitude that eOne was built on, and we’re thrilled to be working with her.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day