- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ex-Swedish House Mafia member Steve Angello’s Stockholm-based Size label was established in 2003, representing such artists as Tiesto, Deadmau5, Avicii and Junior Sanchez, among others.
The influential label, which celebrated its 10-year anniversary last March by giving away 100 releases for free via Google Play, has just put out its latest single, “Totem,” a melodic house anthem from the duo Tom Staar & Ansolo, who combine dark synths, thumping drums and a hypnotic vocal.
Staar’s 2012 remix of “African Drop” received heavy support and remix requests from the likes of Swedish House Mafia, Afrojack and A-Trak, and releases on leading EDM labels Armada, Spinnin and Toolroom.
The 20-year-old Ansolo is an actor who has appeared in the films Divergent and Carrie. His first single. ”Unite,” which dropped on Staar’s Staar Trax label, peaked at No. 5 on the Beatport progressive charts and received support from the likes of electronic stalwarts Agnello, Fedde Le Grand and Danny Howard.
Listen to an exclusive preview of the track below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day