- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the wake of Avicii’s death on Friday, his digital song sales in the U.S. grew tremendously as fans remembered the superstar DJ-producer-artist’s music. Based on preliminary sales reports to Nielsen Music, Avicii’s song sales increased by over 6,000 percent on Friday versus the previous day.
Collectively, his catalog of songs sold around 25,000 downloads on Friday, as compared to just under 1,000 the previous day.
Meanwhile, sales of Avicii’s albums — which include the No. 5-peaking Billboard 200 chart hit True — increased by 12,000 percent on Friday to around 2,000 copies sold (up from a negligible figure the previous day).
His biggest-selling song on Friday was his No. 4-peaking Billboard Hot 100 hit “Wake Me Up!,” which sold nearly 8,000 downloads — up over 6,100 percent. His top three sellers were rounded out by “Levels” and “Hey Brother.”
News on streaming gains for Avicii will likely be announced in the coming days.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day