- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Avril Lavigne shocked fans on Tuesday by announcing a surprise engagement to Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
A rep for the punk-rocker confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Lavigne has accepted Kroeger’s proposal after a quiet six-month courtship. Kroeger reportedly presented Lavigne with a 14-carat diamond ring Aug. 8.
The news was unexpected to many, as Lavigne had been dating Brody Jenner since mid-2010 before reportedly splitting in January of this year. Prior to that, Lavigne was married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley for three years. Their union fizzled in 2009.
According to People, which first reported the news, Lavigne and Kroeger’s romance blossomed in February when the Nickelback singer was recruited to co-write a song for Lavigne’s forthcoming fifth studio album.
Though a date has not been made public, the Canadian rockers’ nuptials will mark the first marriage for Kroeger, 37, and the second for Lavigne, 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day