- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Insanely catchy children’s video “Baby Shark Dance” has moved past Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito” to become the most-viewed YouTube video of all-time. The signature Pinkfong video featuring the earworm ditty currently has 7.04 billion views, slipping above the 2017 single from Fonsi and Daddy Yankee that became a global smash.
At press time a spokesperson for YouTube could not be reached for confirmation on the “Baby Shark” record, but according to view counts listed on the site, “Shark,” uploaded in June 2016, does appear to have moved past “Despacito,” uploaded in Jan. 2017, with 7.03 billion views.
“Without the love and support of fans around the world, Baby Shark’s new record would have been impossible,” said Min Seok Kim, CEO of Pinkfong’s parent company SmartStudy in a statement. “We’re very honored by this record and will continue to focus on delivering high-quality entertainment beyond the digital platforms.”
Check out both videos below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day