- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Former President Barack Obama’s music taste is on point, and he’s worked the biggest songs of the year — including Lil Nas X’s record-breaking hit — into his summer playlist.
Musical curation comes easy to Obama, whose playlists have offered a glimpse into what he and his wife Michelle are listening to on the regular: Typically, he works some tried-and-true classics in with a sampling of current favorites, and this season’s, which features the remix of “Old Town Road,” is no exception.
The mix also includes Maggie Rogers’ “Burning,” Rosalía and J Balvin’s “Con Altura,” Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello’s steamy “Señorita” and Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Childish Gambino’s collaboration “MOOD 4 EVA” off The Lion King: The Gift. As for the perennial favorites, Van Morrison’s “Brown Eyed Girl,” Lauryn Hill’s “Doo Wop (That Thing)” and Stevie Wonder’s “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing” make the cut.
Lizzo was elated to see her own “Juice” on his list, and freaked out accordingly: “WE’RE FRIENDS NOW I DON’T MAKE THE RULES!!!” (After tweeting passionately about politics and the coming election earlier Saturday morning, she logged on to find that Obama had included her on the playlist shortly after she mentioned that he was the “first President” [she] could ever vote for.”)
Check out Obama’s summer 2019 playlist in full below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day