- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe is leaving in March to cross the pond and join Apple in the U.S.
Lowe joined BBC Radio 1 in 2003 and it’s been confirmed his last day will be on March 5. Annie Mac will take over his spot at the station.
“I want to thank everyone at Radio 1 for their support and friendship,” he said in a statement. “The station has allowed me to share incredible music with the country’s best music fans.”
He added he “loved every minute” of his stint with the station.
Lowe has interviewed some of the biggest names in the music industry including Kanye West, Eminem, Jay Z, Chris Martin and Rick Rubin.
He is managed by Luke Mitzman at JHO Management (Pendulum, Chase & Status, Knife Party). “We will continue to work with Zane and look forward to developing his profile around the world,” Mitzman told Billboard in a statement.
Apple didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day