- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Better Than Ezra has signed with The End Records, it was announced Monday. The group, featuring co-founding members Kevin Griffin and Tom Drummond along with Michael Jerome, who joined in 2009, will also kick off a national tour this spring.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to team up with The End,” said Griffin in a statement. “With this upcoming album, it was really about exploring and reinventing a band that has been together for 25 years while staying true to who we are as artists.”
Distributed by ADA, the band’s eighth album — their first since 2009’s Paper Empire — is set for a summer release, with Grammy-nominated producer/mixer Tony Hoffer (Beck, Fitz and the Tantrums) at the helm. The record’s release details have yet to be announced.
The trio will hit the road for a national tour this spring in support of their forthcoming album. Tour dates are listed below and on the band’s official site.
4/23 – New York, NY at Irving Plaza
4/24 – Boston, MA at Paradise Rock Club
4/26 – Westbury NY at The Space at Westbury
4/27 – Washington, DC at 9:30 Club
4/28 – Philadelphia, PA at Theatre of the Living Arts
4/30 – Atlanta, GA at Variety Playhouse
5/3 – New Orleans, LA at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day