- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyonce, Jay Z and Blue Ivy recently took a photo with a baby tiger during their family trip in Thailand. Beyonce pets the tiger while Blue Ivy looks on as someone feeds the animal with a baby bottle. Dr. Jan Schmidt-Burbach from World Animal Protection released a statement scolding the family for the picture.
“A tiger is not a plaything,” she said in a statement via Billboard. “Their health and well-being should not be sacrificed for a photo opportunity. When you look behind the scenes, vacation snaps like these support an industry that relies on animal cruelty … this sordid side of tourism is conveniently hidden from public view.”
Schmidt-Burbach suggested that people who want to pose with wild animals watch World Animal Protection videos first.
“Once people know the truth, they can take action to end this cruelty by choosing to see wild animals in the wild where they belong,” she added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day