- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A day after she killed the CMAs with her performance of “Daddy Lessons” with the Dixie Chicks, Beyoncé dropped a new video for the Lemonade jam (Nov. 3).
The seven-minute-plus clip, which is available in full on Tidal, was part of the singer’s HBO special that premiered in April. The visual opens with a sweeping black-and-white shot of a swamp and a mansion and Bey’s voiceover amid shots of little girls playing with dolls and jumping on a bed, watching as the singer puts her hair up.
The flick of Yonce’s ode to Texas switches to color and features shots of residents from both New Orleans and her native Houston, as well as a brass band playing on a stoop.
As the music kicks in, the Beyhive leader appears in a voluminous dress singing the song along with a guitar player, interspersed with shots of her riding a horse and old home movies of her talking about her grandparents with her father, Matthew Knowles.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day