- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a new featurette for the film, which is set to Beyonce’s “Halo,” the pop diva takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the making of the film, which will hit theaters on May 24.
“I’ve always wanted to be a queen,” she says.
Beyonce voices Queen Tara, the Mother Nature-like queen of the forest, who sports a glowing green ensemble for most of the film. The project follows Mary Katherine (Amanda Seyfried), a young girl who lived in a cabin in the woods, and finds herself in the middle of a battle between the forces of good and evil.
“What I like most about Tara is that she sets a great example for the people that she protects,” Beyonce says.
The film, being distributed by 20th Century Fox, is based on William Joyce‘s children book The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs. It also features the voices of Josh Hutcherson, Colin Farrell and Christoph Waltz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day