- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyonce‘s father, Mathew Knowles, will no longer manage his daughter’s career.
The singer’s publicist told the Associated Press Monday that the pair have parted ways “on a business level,” but did not indicate the reason for the split.
“I am grateful for everything he has taught me,” Beyonce said in the statement. “I grew up watching both he and my mother manage and own their own businesses. They were hardworking entrepreneurs and I will continue to follow in their footsteps.”
Knowles helped launch Destiny’s Child, the popular R&B group that propelled his daughter to stardom in the late 1990s. He continued working with Beyonce throughout her career as a solo artist, overseeing every aspect of her image, including movies and fashion.
Beyonce recently came under fire for accepting $1 million from Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi to perform in a private 2009 New Year’s Eve show set up by her father.
In an interview with Billboard magazine, the singer claimed she was not aware who she was receiving the money from at the time.
“Ultimately, Mathew Knowles should be accountable for that decision, and I do accept responsibility,” she said.
She later revealed that she donated the money she made from the gig to Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day