- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyonce caps off her Mrs. Carter tour with a dramatic closer: “I Will Always Love You,” the song Whitney Houston turned into a worldwide smash, followed by “Halo,” Beyonce’s own signature ballad.
During her Saturday performance in Nashville, Tenn., the singer dedicated the encore to Trayvon Martin, calling for a moment of silence mere hours after George Zimmerman was found not guilty by a Florida jury, reports The Associated Press.
Beyonce was performing at Bridgestone Arena in downtown Nashville, which has a concert capacity of around 18,000.
Beyonce joined a growing chorus of music stars who reacted emotionally to the verdict. Among them: Rihanna, John Legend and Nicki Minaj, who tweeted, “And our taxes paid for that trial. We just paid to see a murderer walk free after killing an innocent unarmed little boy. #GodBlessAmerica”
Zimmerman had been charged with second-degree murder for fatally shooting the teen in February 2012. He was acquitted just before 10 p.m. EST on Saturday.
Watch the moment, caught on cell phone video, here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day