- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Remember when fans were begging for Beyonce and Jay Z to expand their cinematic On the Run concert teaser into an actual full-length film? Turns out the two had other plans in mind — and they do not disappoint.
The married co-headliners have debuted the first part of “Bang Bang,” the Bonnie and Clyde-themed short film trilogy ahead of their HBO concert special, airing Saturday, Sept. 20. The short, which was shown throughout their On the Run tour and premiered online on Nowness, stars “two American outlaws [who] speed through the Californian desert in a dusty 1960s Pontiac GTO with a manifest poise and stylish swagger.”
In the first installment, spanning three minutes, the rapper interrupts a meal with the singer at a diner by confronting a guest who is reading a newspaper with their mug shots on the front page. The three-minute, black-and-white clip also features the chart-toppers as they hide away in hotels, steal kisses and showcase their criminal, car-swerving ways.
The clip was directed by the New York-based filmmaker and photographer Dikayl Rimmasch and soundtracked by an Ennio Morricone classic.
Watch part one of “Bang Bang” below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now