- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s new joint album may be a Tidal exclusive, but their “Apeshit” video can now be seen on YouTube.
“Apeshit,” the first featured track from Everything Is Love — the couple’s surprise project, billed as The Carters — gets a luxe treatment in its Ricky Saiz-directed video, which was shot in May in Paris.
Filmed in a deserted Louvre, among backdrops like the Mona Lisa, the visual for “Apeshit” stars its leading duo, a group of synchronized dancers and world-class art.
“I said no to the Super Bowl/ You need me, I don’t need you/ Every night we in the endzone/ Tell the NFL we in stadiums too,” Jay-Z raps in the song. Later in his verse, he calls out the Grammys for his 2017 album 4:44 winning no awards, despite being a leading nominee: “Tell the Grammys fuck that 0 for 8 shit/ Have you ever seen the crowd goin’ apeshit?”
Watch the full “Apeshit” video, below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day