- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While we’re excited about the launch of Alexander Wang‘s H&M line of sportswear, there’s already another sporty collection that’s got us amped: Beyonce‘s line with Topshop. WWD reports that Queen Bey and the British brand are becoming equal partners for a new business called Parkwood Topshop Athletic Ltd., to create a new athletic range.
Though this isn’t the first time Topshop has partnered with a boldface name (Kate Moss released a 40-piece range with the U.K. retailer in April), this is the first celebrity partnership of its kind for Topshop. Unlike previous collabs, the 50-50 joint venture company will develop a new name for the collection and a separate team and office dedicated to the line.
“This not a collaboration,” Topshop owner Sir Philip Green told the fashion trade. “This is about building a brand and building a business — a separate, proper business with separate overhead and a separate office.”
The Topshop-Beyonce collection — which will include clothing, footwear and accessories in dance, fitness and sports categories, as well as an “ath-leisure side” for those who just want to, uh, look like they work out — is expected to launch at Topshop stores and Topshop.com in fall 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day