- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One young high school student’s dreams came true when she got to talk to her idol Beyonce.
Ebony Banks, a senior at Alief Hastings High School in Houston, is battling stage four of a rare form of cancer. Knowing Banks’ dream was to meet Beyonce, her friends launched a social-media campaign with the hashtag #EBOBMEETSBEYONCE in hopes of gaining the superstar’s attention.
A few days after the hashtag went viral, Beyonce surprised Banks with a FaceTime phone call.
In a touching exchange, Banks lays in a hospital bed and says, “I love you, Beyoncé,” to which Queen Bey replies, “I love you.” Watch the clip below:
Beyoncé facetiming with Ebony, a fan with a rare cancer disease whose wish was to meet Beyoncé ————————————————– “Beyonce is one of her idols. She admires her so much, so we’re trying to put that on Twitter and Instagram to get Beyonce’s attention,” said Gutierrez. #EBOBMEETSBEYONCE —————————————————- God Bless you, Ebony! We’re praying for you beautiful! #BeyHive
A post shared by Beyoncé (@beylite) on
A version of this story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day