- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beyoncé’s debut solo album Dangerously In Love has now sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music.
The effort, released in 2003, sold just over 2,000 copies in the week ending Dec. 24, bringing its cumulative total across the 5 million mark. It remains Beyoncé’s best-selling solo effort.
Dangerously In Love opened atop the Billboard 200 albums chart and was the first of five No. 1 albums for the diva thus far. All of Beyoncé‘s full-length studio efforts have reached the top slot, and all of them have sold at least a million copies: B’Day (released in 2006, 3.41 million sold), I Am … Sasha Fierce (2008, 3.2 million), 4 (2011, 1.5 million) and her self-titled release (2013; 2.3 million). She has sold 16 million solo albums in the U.S. to date.
In addition, Beyoncé has visited the top of the Billboard 200 and sold millions as part of Destiny’s Child. The group notched two No. 1s with Survivor and the greatest-hits collection #1s. Destiny’s Child has four million-selling albums (including their biggest, The Writing’s on the Wall, with 6.4 million), while their total album sales stand at 17.5 million to date.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day