- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
But don’t worry, it turns out she had a good excuse for keeping us eagerly waiting. Bey’s longtime hairstylist Neal Farinah told Us Weekly that a last-minute hairstyle change was the reason she was tardy for the party.
“For the Met Ball we did that high ponytail, but that wasn’t supposed to be the style,” Farinah revealed to the mag, noting that the singer originally wore her hair in an “Asian-inspired” chignon. According to the stylist, Bey thought the look was too “costumey,” and asked for a last-minute switch.
“Then we were in the elevator on the way down, and she looks at me and says ‘Neal, I want to change my hair, will you change my hair? And I said, ‘Honey, there could be cameras in the elevator,'” Farinah noted, referencing the star’s knack for Met Gala elevator drama. But Bey knows what Bey wants.
Read more Beyonce Is Naked for Met Gala
“She says, ‘You have 5 minutes.’ And I said, ‘Girl, what do you want me to do with the hair?’ And she wanted a high ponytail. With Beyonce, she looks at herself and she says, ‘This isn’t right, let’s change it.'”
We’d say the look was definitely well worth the wait.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day